W – Insulators 2023
Electric fences with W – Insulators 2023 are designed to create an electrical circuit when touched by a person or animal. A component called a power energizer converts power into a brief high voltage pulse.
One terminal of the power energizer releases an electrical pulse along a connected bare wire about once per second. Another terminal is connected to a metal rod implanted in the earth, called a ground or earth rod.
A person or animal touching both the wire and the earth during a pulse will complete an electrical circuit and will conduct the pulse, causing an electric shock.
Smooth steel wire is the material most often used for electric fences, ranging from a fine thin wire used as a single line to thicker, high-tensile (HT) wire.
Less often, woven wire or barbed wire fences can be electrified, though such practices create a more hazardous fence, particularly if a person or animal becomes caught by the fencing material (electrified barbed wire is unlawful in some areas).
Types of Fencing Insulators
Synthetic webbing and rope-like fencing materials woven with fine conducting wires (usually of stainless steel) have become available over the last 15 to 20 years, and are particularly useful for areas requiring additional visibility or as temporary fencing.
The electrified fence itself must insulate from the earth and from any materials that will conduct electricity and ignite or short out the fence.
Fencing must therefore avoid vegetation, and cannot attach directly to wood or metal posts.
Typically, wooden or metal posts are driven into the ground, and plastic or porcelain insulators are attached to them, or plastic posts are used. The conducting material is then attached to the posts.
The effects of the shock depend upon the voltage, the energy of the pulse, the degree of contact between the recipient and the fence and ground, and the route of the current through the body; it can range from barely noticeable to uncomfortable, painful, or even lethal.
The Insulators with the highest grade UV resistant materials with optimized design to withstand maximum pressure points ensure outstanding insulation performance day in, day out on the highest voltage, high tensile wood, steel, or concrete post fences.
Heavy-duty insulators, W – Insulators 2023, for use with high tensile wire. Large heavy-duty shield to prevent pulse arcing and minimizes power leakage.
W – Insulators 2023
Characteristics of W – Insulators 2023
- This electric fence insulator made of high-quality material
- Electric fence insulator‘s Features: sun protection, rain protection, anti-weathering, with long-serving life.
- Eco-friendly, completely harmless to people, pets, and wildlife
- This fence insulator Easy to install, screws easily into timber fence, no special tools or technical know-how needed
- As essential electric fence accessories, this protection contains 100 pcs insulators, convenient to replace the broken one
- This electric fence insulators Total length: 9cm / 3.54inch Packaging included:100Pcs
- Can also be on polywire, wire, or 1/4″ poly rope
- Very strong claw design with a smooth face
- Come With Screws
- 50 per pack, Excellent arcing protection reduces shorting. Made from UV-stabilized plastic for long life. They hold most types of electric fence wire.